What Are the Steps to Becoming a Franchise Owner?
Below is a rough outline of our franchise process:
Once you complete the request form, you’ll receive an email from Great American Cookies with a link to our online brochure. After reviewing our online brochure, you’ll receive a call from our Development Team to determine if your goals and liquidity align with our business model.
- The first step is to complete our online application. This application will be provided to you in a link sent via email.
- Once we’ve reviewed your application and you meet our initial criteria, we will send our Franchise Disclosure Document, which includes a Financial Performance Representation of average net sales, the cost of goods, rent and labor figures.
- Sign and return the Acknowledgment of Receipt found in the FDD.
- We will host a call with you to go over the FDD as well as answer your questions about the FDD and the process to become a franchise owner. We will maintain constant communication as we determine what your growth plans are, your areas of interest as well as your timeline of opening.
- We encourage you to contact existing franchisees for feedback about Great American Cookies and their experiences within the brand.
- During the time you are speaking with current owners and researching the brand, we will conduct credit and background checks on you and any partners you may have.
- We will invite you to our headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia to meet our team. We require face-to-face meetings with all potential franchisees as well as calls with our marketing, operations, real estate, construction and management team. We take franchisee selection very seriously and we hope you value meeting the team you will be working closely with day-to-day when operating your franchise.
- If approved to join the franchise family, you will sign your franchise agreement and pay the agreed upon initial franchise fee of $35,000 or the amount listed in your Franchise Agreement if you have multiple stores.
- Once you become a franchise owner, we will assist you in securing a location with the help of our real estate team. Our construction team will also assist you, offering guidance on building your store.
- The Great American Cookies marketing team will assist you in pre-opening and marketing support, and our operations team will arrive at your store to assist you in your grand opening.
The process to become a franchise owner is mostly determined by the speed in which you’re willing to move. We see a typical timeline of 30-90 days with most potential franchisees.